If you haven't tried the Starbucks Sous Vide Egg Bites yet, well, have you been living under a rock? These breakfast delights have blown up the internet over the past year, with copycat recipes claiming to have nailed how to perfect their custardy texture popping up on food blogs all over the world.
Look no further than this simple recipe. I dissected the recipe for the Egg White & Red Pepper bites and carefully tested recipe after recipe until I nailed a dang-near-perfect copycat. Use red pepper and spinach like I did here, or use equal amounts of whatever other inclusion you'd rather enjoy.
Before you get started, you'll need to order this silicone mold from Amazon. You can use individual ramekins, but the mold makes the egg bites the perfect shape and texture!
- 6 egg whites
- ¼ cup cottage cheese
- ¼ cup cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon feta cheese
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 5 teaspoons roasted red peppers, finely chopped
- 1¼ teaspoons spinach, finely chopped
- 5 teaspoons Monterey Jack or white Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 teaspoons tapioca flour
- Blend egg whites, cottage cheese, cream cheese, feta cheese, hot sauce, and salt on High speed until smooth and frothy, about 20 seconds.
- Toss red peppers, spinach, cheese, and tapioca flour in a small bowl to coat all ingredients in flour. This isn't entirely necessary, but it helps the ingredients stay evenly distributed throughout the egg bite vs sinking to the bottom.
- Add mix-ins to the blender and pulse once JUST to combine. Do not blend!
- Spray egg mold or six small heatproof glass jars or bowls with pan spray.
- Pour egg batter into molds.
- Cover the mold tightly with foil.
- Pour two cups of water into the inner pot of a pressure cooker.
- Place the egg mold on top of the trivet, and use the trivet arms to gently lower it down into the pot. Seal lid and cook on High for 8 minutes.
- When the cooking cycle is complete, Quick Release the pressure and remove egg mold. Allow egg bites to cool in the mold slightly.
- Pop the egg bites out onto a plate.
- Enjoy immediately, or allow to cool completely before wrapping and refrigerating.
- Consume within 3 days.