Roasted Eggplant Chips with Ricotta Cheese Dip
- 1 large eggplant, sliced into very thin rounds
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, or more as needed
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- ¼ lemon, juiced
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- ¼ cup pomegranate arils
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Arrange eggplant slices onto rimmed baking sheets in a single layer. Drizzle olive oil over both sides of the slices; season salt and pepper.
- Roast in preheated oven until golden brown and crispy, 30 to 40 minutes.
- While the eggplant roasts mix the ricotta cheese, olive oil, vinegar, lemon, and garlic together in a bowl; season with salt pepper. Top ricotta dip with pomegranate arils.
- Serve eggplant chips warm or cool with ricotta dip.
Try Greek-style yogurt in place of the ricotta cheese for a slightly different version of the dip. Pomegranate arils can be purchased in the refrigerated area of the produce section, or you can buy a whole pomegranate and remove them yourself.
What others are saying
Aja A says:
These chips got me to like eggplant. It's a delicious alternative to potato chips and really liked the sweet-tartness from the pomegranate with the ricotta chese. Great to serve for a get-together.
Katie Hason says:
I've made eggplant fries but never eggplant chips, until now! These were really good, and they went great with Greek yogurt. Now I'm thinking of all the different ways I can season these. So delicious!