Grilled Brie, Apple, and Hot Honey Sandwich
- 2 slices sourdough (or homemade) bread
- ½ Pink Lady apple, peeled and sliced thinly
- 3 ounces Brie cheese, sliced thinly
- 2 tablespoons chile-infused honey (such as Mike’s Hot Honey®)
- ½ teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Preheat a skillet over medium-low.
- Place one slice of sourdough bread onto a cutting board. Layer about half of the brie pieces onto the bread, leaving no large gaps uncovered. Arrange apple slices onto the cheese and season with the fresh thyme. Drizzle the hot honey over the apples. Layer the remaining cheese onto the apple slices and finish with the second slice of bread.
- Melt ½ tablespoon butter in the skillet. Gently lay the sandwich into the skillet. If you have a sandwich press, place it onto the sandwich. Cook until golden on the bottom, 4 to 5 minutes. Lift the sandwich with a spatula and melt the remaining butter in the skillet. Flip the sandwich lay into the skillet, place a lid on the pan, and cook until the cheese is melted in the center of the sandwich, about 4 minutes.
Honeycrisp apples also work well in this recipe. If you're feeling particularly adventurous, try camembert in place of the brie. Pair with an elevated version of tomato soup and you have an elegant version of the classic comfort food combination!
What others are saying
Katie Hason says:
This is like a million dollar grilled cheese sandwich. So delicious! I'm obsessed, can't get enough. The brie is so melty and gooey, I love it. The sweet apple adds a nice sweet kick to this savory and spicy sandwich. A must try for fall!
Jessica Scott says:
I felt like a big kid eating this sandwich, but it's really a grown up version of grilled cheese! I absolutely love brie, it was so delicious. The chile infused honey was also a winner! I think I found a new favorite.
Shannon Whittier says:
This is my new favorite sandwich. I added some shredded chicken and it was AMAZING. I also forgot to get the honey at the store so I made my own; honey, red pepper flakes, and a dash of siracha. I’m not sure what regular chili infused honey tastes like, but my homemade version was delish with the sandwich. I ended up making this for lunch the next day too because it was that good.