Quick Chicken and Pomegranate Salad
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 cup baby spinach
- 1 avocado, sliced or diced
- ¼ cup pomegranate arils
- Heat 3 tablespoons olive oil in a pot over medium. Sauté garlic in hot oil until lightly browned, about 1 minute.
- Reduce heat to low. Add chicken breasts to the pot and season salt and pepper; cook until browned, 3 to 5 minutes per side.
- Pour white wine over the chicken. Place a cover on the pot and simmer chicken for 5 minutes, flip, and continue cooking until chicken is no longer pink at the center, about 5 minutes more. Remove chicken to a cutting board to rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Beat 2 tablespoons olive oil, vinegar, shallot, and honey together in a large bowl with a whisk; season with salt and pepper. Add spinach to the bowl and toss to coat.
- Top salad with chicken slices, avocado, and pomegranate arils to serve.
If no shallots are at hand, feel free to use onion instead. You could also use kale in place of spinach for a heartier salad.
What others are saying
Tiana D. says:
This was a delicious dish I found when trying to figure out something to do with a pomegranate! Really good, even my daughter loved it!
Sam Dalton says:
Pomegranate and avocado worked really well together in this salad. Lots of good flavor between the chicken, dressing, and toppings. Next time I'll try with grilled salmon.