Greek Salad with Chicken
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- ½ tablespoon dried oregano
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups quartered campari or cherry tomatoes
- 1 large cucumber, cut into half-moons
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup pitted and halved Kalamata olives
- ½ cup feta cheese crumbles
- 2 cooked chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- Beat olive oil, red wine vinegar, and oregano together in a large bowl with a whisk; season with salt and pepper.
- Toss tomatoes, cucumber, onion, and olives with dressing until coated.
- Sprinkle feta cheese over the salad and top with chicken slices.
Bulgarian feta in the brine tends to be creamier than other varieties and can make a big difference in the final result. This recipe is perfect for a healthy weeknight dinner, but can also be packed for lunch on-the-go at school or work.
What others are saying
Sam Dalton says:
I'm a sucker for a Greek salad! I particularly love this recipe because the homemade dressing is really good, the red wine vinegar really stands out. It also tastes excellent with grilled meats, you don't have to use chicken.
Laura Griffin says:
This is one of my favorite salad recipes. Whenever I make this dish, I always add extra chicken for my husband. The red wine vinegar dressing is also really good and I use it on other salads as well.
Chaz Norwood says:
Made this salad with shrimp instead of chicken. It was really delicious and light. I also add chickpeas (canned). If you like Mediterranean food, you’ll enjoy this.