Roasted Honey Barbeque Chicken Wings
- 2½ pounds chicken wings
- ½ cup prepared barbeque sauce
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 spring onions, minced
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Set a wire rack inside a rimmed baking sheet.
- Arrange chicken wings in a single layer onto the wire rack; season with salt and pepper.
- Roast wings in preheated oven for 40 minutes.
- Near the 40 minute mark, stir butter, barbeque sauce, and honey together in a saucepan over medium heat; simmer just until butter is completely melted and the sauce is smooth and warm
- Brush about ⅔ of the sauce onto the wings and continue roasting until skin is crispy and the chicken is no longer pink at the bone, about 20 minutes more.
- Garnish wings with green onions and serve with remaining sauce.
This honey BBQ glaze works great for any poultry dish, be it a quick pan-fried breast or any other roasted bone-in chicken pieces. You could even give it a try on a whole roast chicken!
What others are saying
Jessica Scott says:
My hubby and I love these honey bbq wings. They're perfect for when we are too lazy to fire up the grill or the weather doesn't permit. So delicious!
Laura Griffin says:
This is a classic recipe if you're looking for simple honey BBQ wings. The sauce is really delicious and the best part, it uses only 5 ingredients! No fuss, no frills.