Cheesy Garlic Cloud Bread
- 4 large eggs
- ¼ teaspoon cream of tartar
- ¼ cup light cream cheese
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- ½ teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 300°F (150°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Separate the egg yolks and whites into two large bowls.
- Beat cream of tartar with the egg whites using an electric hand mixer on High until stiff peaks emerge.
- Beat cream cheese and garlic powder with the egg yolks on High until just combined; pour into the bowl with the egg whites mixture and fold gently until just combined.
- Ladle mixture onto the prepared sheet.
- Bake in preheated until golden brown, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Increase oven temperature to 375°F (190°C).
- Stir the melted butter, garlic, rosemary, and thyme together in a bowl; brush over the top of the cloud bread. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over the bread.
- Continue baking until the cheese melts, 2 to 3 minutes more.
Cloud bread is a great option for those looking to increase their daily dose of protein, especially if you're a vegetarian. Since the main ingredients are eggs and cheese, it's high in protein and low in carbohydrates. You can make cloud bread up to one day ahead but it's best eaten within a few hours of baking.
What others are saying
Melissa Hunter says:
The first time I tried this recipe I didn't use cream of tartar which is probably why mine didn't come out right. The second time I did use it and it made a huge difference. The bread turned out light and fluffy. The herbs and butter were the perfect addition, it would not have been as flavorful without it.
Alexis Pearson says:
I swear by this recipe! I love the garlic and herb flavors, so I added a little extra. I have only ever used cream of tartar to make cookies, I didn't realize how versatile this ingredient was.
Katie Hason says:
This cloud "bread" is addicting! I can't stop eating it! I had never heard of this before and almost didn't believe it until I tried it myself. I'm already looking forward to making it again.
Sam Dalton says:
The name of this recipe is very apropos. One bite of this cloud bread, and I was on cloud 9! The cheese and the cream tartar, combined with the garlic is amazing. I'm greedy, I ate the entire thing by myself. It was just that good!
Aja A says:
WOW WOW WOW! This was the epitome of cheesy goodness. It's like a egg souffle cloud meets a Red Lobster biscuit flavor, but gluten free. I could seriously eat this everyday.