Chocolate Coconut Bark
- 16 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped roasted nuts
- 1 cup chopped dried fruit
- 1 tablespoon shredded coconut
- 1 teaspoon flaky sea salt
- Set a stainless steel bowl over a pot of simmering water. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Melt chocolate in the bowl, stirring frequently, until smooth. in a heatproof bowl set over a pot of simmering water.
- Spread the melted chocolate in an even layer onto the prepared sheet. Sprinkle the nuts, dried fruit, coconut, and salt over the chocolate; set aside to cool until firm, 2 to 3 hours.
- Break the bark into 2-inch pieces to serve. Store leftovers in a cool place.
This recipe is endlessly customizable, and you can make many variations using this same basic recipe. Try using milk or white chocolate instead of semisweet, or use a combination of different chocolates for a beautiful marbled presentation.
What others are saying
Dom Clement says:
My wife made these this week and it kind of tastes like the holidays. She used some dried cranberries and dried apricots. Gave off a chocolate bark version of a fruit cake. We almost went through the whole plate of bark.
Katie Hason says:
This coconut bark is so good! I'm going to make these again and gift them to my co-workers. Not only are they delicious but they look so cool!
Sam Dalton says:
We used dried cherries and chopped almonds for this recipe. The semi-sweet chocolate was the perfect choice, as opposed to bittersweet. I've tried making bark before, but the method I used to melt the chocolate didn't work well. This way is a lot easier, and worked perfectly. I will definitely be making this again.
Jessica Scott says:
This bark is so good! I plan to make more and package it to gift to people this holiday season. I love it with cranberries and almonds, my absolute favorite!
Leah M says:
This was my second attempt at making chocolate bark and it was a success. The first time I followed a different recipe and I completely burned the chocolate. It heats so quickly, which is why this method of using a bowl over simmering hot water is perfect. I did a simple almond chocolate bark, and it was very easy.