Spiralized Zucchini Curly Fries
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup half-and-half
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 3 zucchini, spiralized using the 3mm blade
For best results, we recommend using:
- Heat vegetable oil in a deep pan over medium-high.
- Beat egg and half-and-half together in a bowl; season with salt and pepper.
- Mix flour, cornstarch, garlic salt, paprika, salt and pepper together in a wide, shallow bowl.
- Dip zucchini in egg mixture to coat; drop into the flour mixture dredge to coat. Shake zucchini to remove excess flour.
- Cook zucchini in hot oil in batches, until lightly golden, 3 to 4 minutes; drain on a plate lined with paper towel.
Zucchini has a high water content. For crispier zucchini, salt the spiralized zucchini, let it rest for 10 minutes, and pat dry with paper towel before preparing.
What others are saying
Sam Dalton says:
I've always loved zucchini fries, like the thick fat and greasy ones. But, now that I am in my 30s and trying to eat healthier, I gladly tried these spiralized ones. These turned out nice and crispy. I actually now prefer them spiralized to the thicker cuts. So glad I gave this a try.
Greg Jones says:
Zucchini fries are my favorite. These were not greasy, the right amount of crunch, and the perfect size with the use of the spiralizer. Definitely my new go to recipe. The kids love it too!
Randall Hauk says:
I love these! I would not call them replacement for french-fried potatoes. They would fail as that, but considered on their own merit, they are just as good as a batch of french fries, in my book. I may or may not have sprinkled a bit of Parmesan cheese over this.