Beet Salad with Goat Cheese and Pistachos
- 3 large beets
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- ⅓ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 cup baby arugula
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- ⅓ cup chopped pistachios
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Wrap beets individually in aluminium foil and place onto a baking sheet.
- Roast in preheated oven until beets are knife tender, about 50 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board to cool completely.
- Beat olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and honey together with a whisk to emulsify; season with salt and pepper.
- Put arugula into a salad bowl. Peel and slice the cooled beets; arrange onto the arugula. Drizzle the dressing over the salad and dot with goat cheese and pistachios.
If you've got extra time on the weekend, roast your beets ahead and store them in an airtight container; they can last for 3 to 5 days in refrigerator. You could even roast extra beets to have for other recipes on this site, like the Beet Tartare.
For more recipes with beet noodles, you might enjoy:
What others are saying
Katie Hason says:
Beets are definitely an acquired taste, but I love them. I especially enjoyed eating them with the goat cheese, arugula and pistachios. I found some that were out of the shell, so that took a lot of the hard labor out of the equation. This was really delicious and easy.
Jessica Scott says:
This salad is very earthy and delicious. I love the added pistachios, it gives it a nice crunch and nutty flavor. The dressing is also really good, and you don't need to use a lot because the salad boasts so much flavor all by itself.