Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookie Balls
- 2 cups almond flour
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup chopped dark chocolate or chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons cocoa nibs
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Stir almond flour, maple syrup, coconut oil, salt, vanilla, dark chocolate, and cocoa nibs together in in a bowl using a wooden spoon; roll into 1-inch balls and arrange on the prepared baking sheet. If your hands get sticky, moisten them with water.
- Refrigerate balls for 30 minutes to overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350° F (175° C).
- Bake in preheated oven until a pale golden in color, about 10 minutes; transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool.
These cookies are highly adaptable to the substitutions and additions of your choice. Honey or agave nectar may be used in place of maple syrup, and chopped nuts or dried fruit can replace chocolate. Try adding 1/3 cup shredded coconut for extra texture and flavor.
What others are saying
Aja A says:
My friends and I are definitely fans of this gluten-free treat. I was a bit weary of this when it didn't include egg, but the coconut oil and maple syrup kept these nuggets moist and gooey like a chocolate chip cookie. Made these twice already and will continue to make these to satisfy my next sweets craving.
Katie Hason says:
These almond chocolate nuggets remind me of my favorite cookie dough, only healthier. They're so addicting! The coconut oil is a must for this dish, because it gives it added flavor versus if you were using another oil.