Spicy Roasted Broccoli
- 1 head broccoli, cut into 1½-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1½ tablespoons sriracha
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- salt to taste
- Preheat a baking sheet in the oven at 425°F (220°C).
- Toss broccoli, olive oil, sriracha, and pepper flakes together in a bowl; season with salt. Spread broccoli onto the warmed baking sheet.
- Roast in preheated oven until crisp-tender, about 15 minutes.
This simple preparation would work well with any cruciferous vegetable. You could even try a mixture of broccoli, cauliflower, and Brussels sprouts, just assuring they are cut to similar size to keep cooking time and texture consistent. You will need a little more cooking time with cauliflower; roast for about 30 minutes. Try putting this as an ingredient on pizza. Toss the broccoli with the olive oil, sriracha, and pepper flakes and arrange on your pizza before cooking, creating a nicely spicy pizza!
What others are saying
Jacqulyne de Jardins says:
Great quick and easy broccoli side dish. Made this for my meal prep this week with some shrimp. Took a small bite and it's really tasty. This will be good served chilled.
Greg Jones says:
This is a fun, delicious spin on broccoli. Always have to have sriracha on hand for times like this.
Chaz Norwood says:
I left out the sriracha and just used red pepper flakes. Still good, and paired nicely with beef and rice.