Chili Simmer Sauce
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon ancho chili powder
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 ½ teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon ground coriander
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
For best results, we recommend using:
- Pulse tomatoes, ancho chili powder, salt, cumin, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, coriander, and cayenne in a blender until smooth. Alternately, place ingredients in a large bowl and blend with an immersion blender.
Use the simmer sauce immediately or refrigerate for up to one week. Alternatively, freeze for later use. To make vegetarian chili, stir in three cans of black beans, pinto beans or a mixture of the two. Add a can of corn for more fiber and antioxidants.
What others are saying
Sam Dalton says:
This was a delicious sauce with lots of flavor. The ancho chili powder is a favorite ingredient of mine, so I added a little extra. This had nice heat to it, and excellent with ground beef or veal.
Katie Hason says:
I made this chili simmer sauce and used it on ground chuck. It was incredibly delicious, even my husband was impressed. I'm thinking of all the other creative uses for this sauce!