Oven-Roasted Feta and Tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) block feta cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ cup fresh chopped dill
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 5 vine-ripened tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Put feta in a small casserole dish. Sprinkle oregano, dill, and pepper flakes over the feta. Arrange tomatoes around the cheese. Drizzle olive oil over everything.
- Bake in the preheated oven until tomatoes have burst and are beginning to color, about 20 minutes.
For best results, be sure to use a whole block of feta, not the crumbles. We like Greek sheep's milk feta for maximum salty tang. If you like, you can switch up the fresh herbs instead of dill. Try fresh oregano, basil, thyme or rosemary—or mix and match!
What others are saying
Jennifer Ingram says:
I could eat all of this myself! I love to smash the warm tomato over toasted bread and sprinkle with maldon salt. A side of bitter arugula pairs perfectly with the warm, salty feta and sweet, rich tomato. This will be a staple for me!
Sam Dalton says:
This was an incredibly easy dish to make. Roasted tomatoes are delicious, and when paired with cheese... Need I say more? We make them every time we have people over for a get together.
Kat M says:
Simple, yet effective! I'm going to try this when I get a surplus of tomatoes from the garden. Thank you.