Steak, Mushroom, and Olive Naan Pizzas
- 3 ounces feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- ½ lemon, juiced
- salt and ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 ounces cremini mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 pieces naan bread
- 2 ounces leftover steak (such as flank steak), thinly sliced against the grain
- 3 tablespoons chopped olives
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Mash feta cheese with a fork and whisk together with tahini, lemon juice, and salt and pepper to taste. If the mixture is too thick to whisk, stir in 1 teaspoon water at a time until it reaches a spreadable consistency.
- Warm the oil in a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat. Cook the mushrooms until they have softened and caramelized, 10 to 12 minutes; season with salt and pepper. Remove the pan from heat.
- Meanwhile, place the naan on a baking sheet and brush with olive oil. Spread the feta mixture over the naan, leaving a ¼-inch border.
- Scatter the mushrooms, steak, and olives over the feta mixture.
- Transfer the baking sheet to the oven and cook for until the naan is golden brown and crispy, 6 to 7 minutes.
- Allow to rest for several minutes before garnishing with parsley, cutting into slices and serving.
Goat cheese makes a great substitution for the feta in this recipe.
What others are saying
Jessica Scott says:
I love naan pizzas. This steak and mushroom version is super tasty! These are so quick and easy, I love popping them in the oven on a lazy Friday night.
Caro Hodgin says:
oh my gosh, this feta spread is addictive. we had a little leftover and spread it on toast with more mushrooms and a fried egg for breakfast the next day. what an easy, delicios recipe!