Spiralized Zucchini Frittata
- Zoodle Frittata:
- 1 pound (1 large) zucchini, spiralized using the 2mm blade
- 1 1/3 cups garbanzo bean flour
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 ¾ cups vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, roughly chopped
- Heirloom Tomato Relish:
- 2 medium heirloom tomatoes, diced
- 1 shallot, diced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C) and lightly grease an 8-inch round springform pan.
- In a large bowl, mix all the dry ingredients together: the arrowroot, nutritional yeast, thyme, paprika, and baking soda, stirring well to distribute the seasonings evenly throughout the mixture.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the vegetable stock, olive oil, soy sauce, and mustard until smooth before pouring the liquid into the bowl of dry ingredients. Whisk vigorously until the batter is smooth. Add the zucchini and basil, stirring with a wide spatula to incorporate.
- Transfer to your prepared pan and bake for 50 – 60 minutes, until the filling appears set and is lightly browned on top. Let cool for at least 15 minutes before slicing; allow more time for the frittata to fully set to make cleaner slices. Enjoy either warm or at room temperature.
- White the frittata is in the oven, start working on the tomato relish. Mix together the tomatoes, shallots, and salt, and let sit for 30 minutes for the flavors to meld. Drain the excess liquid before adding in the balsamic vinegar, olive oil, and pepper right before serving.
- Remove the frittata from the oven, divide into 8 slices; spoon relish over the top of frittata slices or serve on the side.
You can substitute your favorite seasonal vegetable in place of the zucchini. Cooking with vegetables can be really fun once you get the hang of using basic recipes like this one! You can go ahead and make this frittata in the morning and enjoy it as a healthy snack throughout the day.