Addictive Cucumber Avocado Salad
- 1 large English cucumber, ends trimmed and spiralized using flat blade
- ½ bunch green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 large avocado, pitted and diced
- ½ bunch cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice, or to taste
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- ½ teaspoon hot sauce (such as Tabasco), or to taste
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- micro cilantro to garnish (optional)
For best results, we recommend using:
- Cut cucumber ribbons into bite size pieces.
- Stir cucumber, green onions, avocado, and cilantro together in a bowl.
- Whisk lime juice, mayonnaise, hot sauce, salt, and black pepper together in a small bowl until dressing is smooth and creamy.
- Drizzle dressing over salad and toss to coat. Garnish with micro cilantro leaves.
Micro cilantro is the baby version of the mature plant and, like all baby things, is adorable. The flavor is also much subtler than grown-up cilantro. It's one of many flavor-packed micro herbs and shoots now readily available in grocery stores. If you have a good market near you, they probably stock it.
What others are saying
Jen the Mighty says:
This recipe is one of my favorites. The hot sauce adds a nice bit of kick, and the green onions add great flavor. Delightful!
Randall Hauk says:
I left out the green onion because they and I are not really friends. I'm convinced nobody actually likes green onions, but everyone is afraid to say so. Except me. I'm happy to say it. This was a nice surprise, to me. I usually shy from salads with mayonnaise, but this was lightly enough used that it worked. I am not even sure it was needed, thanks to the avocado. Maybe I'll try without next time. Also, I used sport pepper-infused vinegar. I love that stuff and it worked really well in this salad. try it!