Spiralized Beet and Blue Cheese Salad
- 2 large beets (about 2 pounds), peeled and spiralized using a 3mm blade
- 1 bunch green onion, thinly sliced into rounds
- 6 ounces firm blue cheese, crumbled, or more to taste
- ¼ cup chopped fresh dill, or to taste
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, pushed through a garlic press
- ⅓ cup neutral oil, such as grapeseed
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
For best results, we recommend using:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C). Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Spread spiralized beets out in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet.
- Pour 1 to 2 tablespoons water over the top and then tightly cover the baking sheet with another sheet of aluminum foil.
- Roast beets in the preheated oven until tender, 20 to 30 minutes. Remove from oven, drain any accumulated liquid, and cool completely.
- Combine cooled beet noodles, green onion, blue cheese, and dill in a large bowl.
- Whisk red wine vinegar, lemon juice, and garlic, together in a small bowl.
- Slowly whisk oil into dressing until smooth and creamy. Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Pour dressing over beets and toss salad to coat.
Beets can be messy! Wear gloves and rinse your spiralizer immediately after use to avoid staining.
For more recipes with beet noodles, you might enjoy:
What others are saying
Randall Hauk says:
I don't do green onions, so keep that in mind. I LOVED this. Beets and dill were huge parts of my grandmother's kitchen, which is now making me wonder what she'd have done with a spiralizer, especially with her sauerkraut. Anyhow, I digress, because blue cheese was not part of the Czech kitchen playbook. I loved in in this though. Every element here (garlic, lemon, dill) stood out, but also played nicely with the others. It's a bold collection that just works. Try it. You may be surprised.
Katie Hason says:
I don't know what it is about beets and red wine vinegar, but they just go so well together! Instead of blue cheese crumbles I used goat cheese, but other than that I didn't make any other substitutions. Very flavorful and satisfying dish.
Sarah Gray says:
Beets and blue cheese are kind of my jam and I love this spiralized version. The garlicky flavors really make the earthy beet flavor more palatable. I used an avocado oil in the dressing, it was so good.
Jeremy Hughes says:
Aside from how messy this salad was to make, it was super tasty. Perfect for lunch. I added extra blue cheese, because that's how I roll. It was so good.
Anthony Cohen says:
Messy, messy, but so good. I used the 5mm blade that came with my new Mealthy brand spiralizer. I rinsed my spiralizer in water and dish cleanser, and the stains removed easily.