Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons unsweeted cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 cups grated zucchini
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Butter and flour 2 loaf pans.
- Whisk flour, cocoa powder, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt together in a bowl.
- Beat granulated sugar, oil, eggs, and brown sugar together in a large bowl until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add sour cream and vanilla and mix until batter is smooth. Fold zucchini into batter.
- Stir 1 tablespoon of the flour mixture together with chocolate chips in a bowl. Pour remaining flour mixture into batter and stir until just combined. Add chocolate chips and stir. Divide batter evenly between prepared loaf pans.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean, about 60 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes in the pans before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
Out of sour cream? Substitute plain Greek yogurt for a healthier take. Looking to cut back on refined sugar? Try maple syrup in place of the brown sugar. You can also easily make this recipe gluten free by swapping in your preferred gluten-free flour mix for the all-purpose.
What others are saying
Jessica Scott says:
I'm obsessed with this chocolate zucchini bread. This is such an easy recipe and it's so delicious. I alternate between this and banana bread.
Laura Griffin says:
Honestly you can't even taste the zucchini in this bread. It's so chocolatey and delicious. I eat this for dessert and even breakfast, it's that good. I'm obsessed.