Chinese Chicken Cabbage Salad
- 1 green cabbage, ends trimmed and spiralized using flat blade
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1 bunch green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 package dry ramen noodles, broken up into small pieces
- 1/2 cup slivered toasted almonds
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro, or more to taste
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon powder, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
For best results, we recommend using:
- Toss cabbage, chicken, green onion, ramen noodles, almonds, cilantro, and sesame seeds together in a large bowl.
- Whisk white wine vinegar, sugar, chicken bouillon, and sesame oil together in a small bowl. Drizzle oil into vinegar mixture, whisking constantly, until dressing is smooth and creamy.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss to coat.
If you don't have a spiralizer, you can use a mandolin, a very sharp knife or even the slicing blade on your food processor to shred the cabbage. Looking to cut back on processed sweeteners? Try honey or agave nectar in place of the granulated sugar.
What others are saying
Anthony Cohen says:
Used a rotisserie chicken for this salad, which made it really easy to throw together. The only thing I left out is the dry ramen noodles. I used sugar for the dressing, but probably should have used honey or agave. Next time I make this I'm going to swap out the sugar.
Sarah Gray says:
I used a mandolin to shred the cabbage perfectly. I also used ginger infused honey instead of sugar, it was perfect.
Loren Schaffer says:
I really liked this salad. After I tried the dressing, I knew I would want a lot of it so I doubled the recipe for my lunches for the week. Because it is cabbage, this salad lasted in the fridge a lot longer than normal salad. I will be making this one again for sure!
Jen the Mighty says:
HotPie and I are polar opposites when it comes to green onions: they are sent from heaven! I'll take all of his green onions, thank you! Love this salad, the crunchy cabbage and ramen are perfect with the chicken.
Randall Hauk says:
Green onions omitted because they are the devil. I wanted a little more "OOMP" in this slaw. I liked the use of the ramen noodles, though. Just wanted either more tang or some heat. Good thing sriracha goes on everything!