Bacon and Blue Cheeseburger Flatbread with Caramelized Onions
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups sliced sweet onion
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 naan or flatbreads
- ¼ cup steak sauce
- 1 pound ground beef
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- ½ cup blue cheese
- 1 cup arugula
- 1 cup halved grape tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium heat and cook onions, season with salt, stirring occasionally until caramelized, about 20 minutes; remove and set aside.
- In same skillet, brown ground beef, stirring occasionally; drain beef.
- Brush each naan with 1 tablespoon steak sauce. Evenly top with ground beef, bacon, caramelized onions and blue cheese. Place directly on oven rack and bake until cheese is melted, about 5 minutes.
- Garnish with arugula and tomato to serve.
We're not going to lie: Caramelizing the onions takes some time but the good news is this can be done ahead and held in the refrigerator until needed. Bake the flatbreads right on the oven rack to make the bottoms nice and crispy. If you're not a fan of blue cheese, feel free to sub in another kind, like cheddar or Swiss.
What others are saying
Katie Hason says:
I am obsessed with blue cheese, especially on my burgers. This flatbread version was super fancy, but in a good way. It's the perfect dish to serve at parties when hosting!
Laura Griffin says:
You had me at bacon and blue cheese! Two of my favorite ingredients in the form of a flat bread! Super good cheat day meal. Me and my husband grub on these all the time.