Pressure Cooker Pulled Chicken and Pineapple Tacos
- 1 (20-ounce) can pineapple chunks in 100% pineapple juice
- 1½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Sour cream
- Shredded cheese
- Chopped cilantro
For best results, we recommend using:
- Strain canned pineapple; reserve juice and set aside. Place chicken, pineapple juice (about ¾ cup), diced tomatoes, garlic, cumin, and salt in an electric pressure cooker and stir to combine. Make sure the valve is set to sealing. Use poultry setting or manually select 15 minutes on high pressure. When done, allow to naturally release for 5 minutes; turn to vent for quick release.
- Use two forks to shred chicken. Return to liquid along with pineapple chunks. Serve with tortillas, sour cream, shredded cheese, and chopped cilantro to make tacos.
You can alternatively serve the shredded chicken with pineapple in quesadillas, on top of baked sweet potatoes, or as sliders with bread rolls.
What others are saying
Greg Jones says:
This is a really good recipe! Straight forward and minimal ingredients. I love cumin on almost everything so I added a little more than the recipe called for. I wonder if the chicken can be substituted for pork? Definitely adding this to my weekly rotation.
Ashley Melchiore says:
I used this on top of baked potatoes for a healthier option and only did a little of the shredded cheese. Great flavor with the pineapple, will make again for sure!
Katie Hason says:
I used the shredded chicken with pineapple to make quesadillas and it was incredible. I love how this recipe uses cumin to give it that distinct Southwestern flavor. The flavors in this dish are bold and zesty, but without having to spend hours marinating the chicken beforehand.