Mediterranean Pasta Salad
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound farfalle pasta
- ½ cup baby spinach
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped Kalamata olives
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
- Toss tomatoes with salt and pepper in a large bowl; set aside to marinate, about 10 minutes.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a roiling boil; add farfalle pasta into pot and cook until al-dente, about 10 to 12 minutes; drain.
- Add spinach, olive oil, green onion, lemon juice, parsley, olives, dill, garlic, paprika, and cooked pasta into the bowl with tomatoes; stir together and combine all ingredients. Cover and refrigerate, about an hour.
- Stir feta cheese and serve.
Farfalle are a type of pasta commonly known as bow-tie pasta. The name is derived from the Italian word "farfalla" meaning butterflies! Double or triple the amount of spinach to make this pasta salad lean a bit further in the salad direction.
What others are saying
Tarragon Boi says:
This was great! I brought it to a cookout the next day and people loved it.
Queen Foodie says:
This has become one of my favorite pasta salads. When the feta meets the olives and tomatoes nothing but joy for my tastes buds.
kat satterfield says:
My fiance really liked this dish and he hates olives! The overall Mediterranean flavor is sensational. Loved the combo of all the fresh spices, feta and lemon for a little zest. We're trying to be a little more carb conscious so I subbed about half the noodles and added more spinach as suggested.
Alex Cabral says:
I skipped the dill and paprika, only because I didn't have any on hand. This pasta salad was amazing. So easy and minimal ingredients. Perfect for casual gathering or work potlucks!
McKenzie C says:
I used zoodles instead of pasta and got the same effect. The olive oil kind of acts as a light dressing, which was perfect for tossing the zucchini noodles in. Light, delicious, and easy. Perfect for lunch or entertaining!