Corn, Mango, and Black Bean Salad
- 3 cups fresh corn kernels
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 mango, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- ¼ cup minced fresh cilantro leaves
- ¼ cup sliced scallions
- 2 tablespoons lime juice, or more to taste
- ½ teaspoon salt, or more to taste
- Mix corn, black beans, mango, bell pepper, cilantro, scallions, lime juice, and salt together in a bowl.
This salad is also endlessly adaptable to your tastes. Try canned pinto beans instead of black beans, or substitute chunks of pineapple or orange segments for the mango. Stir in diced avocado or pickled red onion, or top with crumbled queso fresco or feta cheese.
What others are saying
Greg Jones says:
This is one of my favorite summer salads. Although you can eat it as is, my wife and I usually pair it with tortilla chips.
Katie Hason says:
I've made this dish a couple times and used it as both dip and for burritos. Super easy, simple ingredients, and quick to make.