Churro Dessert Nachos with Berry Salsa and Chipotle Chocolate Drizzle
- 4 6-inch flour tortillas, each sliced into 6 triangles
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 1/2 cup blackberries
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Combine cinnamon and sugar. Brush both sides of triangles with melted butter, then sprinkle both sides with cinnamon sugar.
- Arrange tortilla triangles on 2 parchment lined baking sheets. Bake, about 5 minutes or until beginning to brown; allow to cool on baking sheet.
- Combine berries; stir with lime juice, honey, and cilantro.
- Combine chocolate chips, heavy cream and coconut oil in small saucepan. Heat over medium heat, stirring frequently until melted; stir in chipotle chili powder.
- Arrange nachos on platter, garnish with berry salsa and drizzle with chocolate to serve.
Looking to make this recipe vegan? Use melted coconut oil instead of butter, substitute coconut milk for the heavy cream in the chocolate sauce, and replace the honey with agave nectar. Not a fan of cilantro? Add a little lime zest to the berries instead.
What others are saying
Loren Schaffer says:
This was delicious! The lime juice made the sweetness of the berries really pop. It was fun making these tortilla crisps myself, I really enjoyed making these.
Laura Griffin says:
These dessert nachos are incredible! I make them all the time. They're also really perfect for parties and other gatherings. I also sometimes make the chips and eat them by themselves. You have to try this!
Katie Hason says:
This was my first time trying dessert nachos and it was so good! I'm obsessed with the cinnamon sugar tortilla chips. So fun and easy!