Crispy Brussels Sprouts
- 2 pounds Brussels sprouts, halved
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 450°F (230°C).
- Place brussel sprouts on baking sheet, add vegetable oil, cumin and season with salt and fresh ground pepper. Be sure brussel sprouts are evenly distributed.
- Bake for 20 minutes; remove baking sheet from oven. While it's still sizzling hot, squeeze lemon right over the brussel sprouts and serve immediately.
Use this cooking method on any of your preferred veggies. Crispy vegetables result from the combination of high heat and oil. Add a super grain like quinoa or farro and a fried egg, and you can turn your favorite crispy oven-roasted vegetable into a meal!
What others are saying
Bernardette Flatow says:
Such an exotic taste! And very high in vitamin K - to reduce osteoporosis ! I
Greg Jones says:
I'm a new fan of Brussels sprouts, and this cumin spiced version was really good. The only thing missing for me was a dipping sauce. I think a creamy lemon sauce would pair perfectly with this. Other than that, these were really good.
Laura Griffin says:
First time trying cumin and lemon together with Brussels sprouts. These were so easy to make and really delicious.
Katie Hason says:
I love Brussels sprouts! This basic, simple recipe is really good. These will definitely be on my Christmas menu. They also go great with crispy bacon crumbles on top.
Tal Levitas says:
Brussel sprouts, made simple and easy. I've made this recipe 3 times now and it just works every time. This recipe doesn't reinvent the wheel but it doesn't need to.