Easy Shrimp Lettuce Wraps with Spicy Peanut Sauce
- ⅔ cup coconut milk
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons lime juice, divided
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups broccoli slaw
- 1 large head Bibb lettuce, separated into leaves
- Combine coconut milk, peanut butter, 2 tablespoons lime juice, Sriracha and soy sauce and whisk until smooth.
- Stir together shrimp with remaining tablespoon lime juice, garlic; season with salt.
- Heat nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; add shrimp and saute stirring occasionally until shrimp turns pink, about 4 minutes.
- Place broccoli slaw on lettuce leaves, add shrimp and drizzle with peanut sauce to serve.
This recipe would also be delicious with sliced, sautéed chicken thighs in place of the shrimp. Vegetarian? Cut a 1-pound block of tofu into strips, and pat dry. Heat a couple of tablespoons of vegetable oil in a skillet, and cook tofu strips until golden brown, about 5 minutes per side. Place in lettuce wraps instead of shrimp.
What others are saying
Shannon Bowie Persha says:
One of the easiest and tinniest recipes ever!!! Not the best standalone peanut sauce I’ve ever had, but when paired with everything it was perfect. Loved loved loved 👏👏👏👏
Julie Carew says:
Easy and yummy lunch for the week! The sauce made enough that I also put it on grilled chicken for dinner one night - delicious!
DC Cote says:
I made a "minced" shrimp lettuce wrap following the same ingredients for this recipe. I really liked the peanut sauce, too. Even though the sauce has Sriracha in it, I drizzled extra Sriracha on top. So yummy!
Dominique M says:
I added avocado and cucumber to my lettuce wraps, and they were so delicious. I also garnished with cilantro, as shown in the picture. So yummy! The peanut sauce is a must.
McKenzie C says:
Super simple shrimp lettuce wraps! I changed the peanut sauce a little. I added rice vinegar, ginger, and skipped the sriracha all together. This is super quick and tasty, especially on weeknights. I'd definitely make it again.
Katie Hason says:
These shrimp lettuce wraps were so good! I love lettuce wraps anyways, but always make them vegetarian. This version was so good, the peanut sauce was perfect. It's also super quick to make, so during the week I don't have to spend an elaborate amount of time in the kitchen.
Jacqulyne de Jardins says:
Great snack during work! I believe it tastes better when the shrimp is served cold. I made this with almond butter instead of peanut butter (not a peanut butter fan) and it worked very well! Great recipe to prep the shrimp the night before to pack up for lunch the next day.