Oven Baked Feta Cheese Sweet Potato Fries
- 2 pounds sweet potato, peeled and cut lengthwise 1/4 thick fries
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup diced tomato
- 1/4 cup red onion
- 1/3 cup chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon za'atar blend
- salt and fresh ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 450°F (230°C).
- Place sweet potatoes on baking sheet, add vegetable oil and season with salt and freshly ground pepper to taste. Be sure sweet potatoes are evenly distributed and not over crowded.
- Bake in the oven, about 20 minutes, until golden brown.
- Arrange sweet potato fries on a serving platter; add feta cheese; sprinkle za'atar blend. Garnish with tomato, red onion, and parsley and serve immediately.
Zaatar is widely used in Middle Eastern cooking, and has a tangy flavor with intense aromas. Every region has their own version. Typical spices include a blend of oregano, sumac and toasted sesame seeds. Find it in spice shops, Middle Eastern markets or online.
What others are saying
Jessica Scott says:
These loaded sweet potatoes fries were really good! I put zaatar on everything, so delicious! Perfect game day recipe!
Greg Jones says:
These remind me of loaded Mediterranean fries! Very good, delicious. I love sweet potato fries, these were like a piece of heaven.