Fudge Chocolate Brownie Pie
- Pie Crust
- 1 sleeve chocolate graham crackers (or similar dry chocolate cookie)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Chocolate Filling
- 2 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- ¾ cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons dark cocoa powder
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Crush graham crackers until they are very fine crumbs in a food processor or place inside a ziploc bag and crush using a rolling pin. Add salt with melted butter and stir to combine. Press mixture into the bottom and up the sides of a 9” pie pan. Bake, about 10 minutes; remove from the oven and lower temperature to 325°F (165°C).
- Melt butter and temper chocolate using a double boiler by placing a pot of boiling water under a heat proof bowl with ingredients inside the bowl. Remove melted chocolate and butter mixture from heat and allow to cool at room temperature, about 10 minutes. Whisk sugar and cocoa powder into chocolate mixture; very gradually add eggs; add vanilla extract. Pour mixture into prepared crust and sprinkle with coarse sea salt such as Maldon.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until pie has puffed up and is no longer jiggly. This pie will form a beautiful shiny top layer that will crack during baking or while cooling down.
- Divide into 8 slices and serve with vanilla ice cream or with whipped cream and berries.
Did you know that eating chocolate everyday can be good for your health? The Mayans believed chocolate was a gift of the gods, and the reason may stem from its actual health benefits! When consumed sensibly, chocolate is thought to boost good cholesterol, aid in cognitive function and is a powerful source of antioxidants.
What others are saying
Laura Griffin says:
This fudge brownie pie is definitely a favorite! It's perfect with ice cream on top. My husband and I will literally argue about who gets the last bite. It's that good!
Katie Hason says:
This chocolate brownie pie is super delicious and the filling is very rich and flavorful. Definitely one of my cheat day favorites! Also tastes amazing with ice cream.