Kale Salad with Tahini Dressing
- Tahini Dressing
- ⅓ cup tahini
- ⅓ cup fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup warm water, plus more as needed
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 clove garlic, mashed to a paste
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- Kale Salad
- 1 bunch kale, ribs removed and leaves shredded
- 2 small apples, cored and cut into ¼-inch thick slices
- 1 small cucumber, sliced
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- Whisk the tahini, lemon juice, and warm water in a bowl until smooth. Stir olive oil, honey, garlic, and salt into the tahini mixture; season with pepper.
- Toss the kale, apples, and cucumber together in a mixing bowl. Drizzle about half the tahini dressing over the salad and toss to coat. Sprinkle sesame seeds over the salad to serve. Add dressing as desired.
Want some additional protein? Top with grilled chicken or falafel. Gala or Fuji apples are ideal for this, but use whatever you have that is fresh and delicious!
What others are saying
Katie Hason says:
Love this yummy kale salad with fresh crisp apples! The tahini dressing is also a favorite, I put it on everything. Perfect for lunch, or served for dinner with sliced chicken breast.
Greg Jones says:
The tahini dressing was the perfect pairing for this simple kale and apple salad. The sesame seeds were nice for topping, I liked the added crunch, it was perfect for the overall texture and balance of this dish.
Chaz Norwood says:
Made this salad with spinach instead of kale, and added sliced grilled chicken I had leftover from the night before. It was the perfect lunch for work.