Spicy Chipotle Gazpacho
- 6 vine-ripened tomatoes, chopped
- 1 English cucumber, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar, or more to taste
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1¼ teaspoons kosher salt, or more to taste
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
For best results, we recommend using:
- Blend tomatoes, cucumber, bell pepper, onion, garlic, chipotle pepper, vinegar, olive oil, salt, and pepper in a blender, working in batches if needed, until smooth. Season with more salt or vinegar, as desired. Alternately, place ingredients in a large bowl and blend with an immersion blender.
- Pour gazpacho into a soup bowl or pitcher and refrigerate for 15 to 20 minutes before serving.
You can leave out the chipotle pepper if you don't like heat, or double the amount if you really do! If you leave out the chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, this recipe becomes paleo- and Whole30-friendly! The adobo sauce has high fructose corn syrup in it, so if you follow the paleo or Whole30 lifestyles, you can easily make this recipe fit into your life. Or substitute a fresh chile pepper for the chipotle pepper in adobo sauce!
What others are saying
Katie Hason says:
I tried this recipe and it was super delicious and spicy! It was the perfect game day recipe for our house gathering, and my guests loved it too!
Jessica Scott says:
This was a really delicious gazpacho! We served it with shrimp and toast. Chipotle in adobo is my favorite, and I loved it in this dish! Perfect for warm weather!