Grapefruit and Fennel Salad with Sumac Lemon Dressing
- 1 lemon juiced
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt and fresh ground pepper
- 1 large grapefruit, peeled and membrane removed
- 1 fennel head, trimmed, sliced paper thin
- ¼ teaspoon sumac
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley, chopped
- Whisk lemon, extra virgin olive oil and season with salt, fresh ground pepper
- Arrange grapefruit and fennel slices on salad plates.
- Drizzle lemon dressing until salad is well coated and sprinkle sumac spice on top.
- Garnish with fresh chopped parsley.
To prepare the grapefruit for this salad, Start by trimming the top and bottom of the fruit. Then slice lengthwise between flesh and peel, following fruit's contour to remove both the peel and pith. Next, slice lengthwise between one segment and the membrane until you reach the center of the fruit. Make another slice on the other side of the segment. Gently use the knife blade to remove segment. Repeat until all the segments are removed.
What others are saying
Jessica Scott says:
I was able to snag some sumac from a specialty store just so I could make this delicious lemon dressing. It's so delicious! I love grapefruit, and it's season right now, so they're extra fresh. Perfect for dinner parties!
Katie Hason says:
This is one of my favorite summer salads. The sumac lemon dressing is also one of my favorites. I put it on everything! If you like grapefruit, you will love this light salad!