Rice Paper Vegetable Spring Roll with Thai Almond Butter Dipping Sauce
- rice paper wrappers
- 4 romaine lettuce hearts
- ½ jalapeño pepper, diced and seeds removed
- ½ cup shredded carrots
- ½ cup sliced red cabbage
- ¼ cup sprouts
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Thai Almond Butter Dipping Sauce
- ½ cup full-fat coconut milk
- 2 tablespoon almond butter
- 1 tablespoon white miso
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- water to thin
- Fill a shallow bowl with warm water and dip rice paper on both sides until wet.
- Put wet rice paper on flat work surface, such as a cutting board, and allow to sit for one minute.
- Fill center of rice paper circle with romaine lettuce, topped with jalapeño, carrots, cabbage, sprouts, red onion, and cilantro.
- Assemble wrap by folding in bottom and top flaps first, then fold in side flap closest to you and roll away from your body to wrap like a burrito. Repeat with remaining wrappers and fillings.
- Stir coconut milk, almond butter, miso, soy sauce, rice vinegar, and curry powder together in a bowl; thin with water as needed and serve with the wrap.
For another fun twist, you can omit the rice paper wrapper to make lettuce boats instead. To heat things up, try adding some Sriracha to Thai almond butter sauce for spicy alternative. There are so many delicious ways to use this flavorful sauce!
What others are saying
Ashley Bowman says:
The jalapeños give this recipe some heat! Love it.
Greg Jones says:
This rice paper wrap was really good. First time using rice paper wraps! One thing I learned is that they are very pliable. It tore in a couple sections and I just stretched it some and used water. I also loved the thai almond butter dipping sauce. Very good.