Avocado Toast with Avocado Mousse
- Bread Loaf:
- 1 tablespoon yeast
- 1 cup lukewarm water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 cups of all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons of kosher salt
- Avocado Mousse:
- 1 avocado
- 2 tablespoons crème fraiche
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- Avocado Toast:
- 1 avocado, sliced thinly
- 8-10 cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Combine water, yeast, and sugar; allow to sit, about 5 minutes in a warm area. Combine dry ingredients.
- Place liquid mixture inside a medium sized bowl with dry ingredients. Mix using your hands or use a mixer with the dough attachment. Knead for about 5 minutes. Make baguette shape or a round loaf. Place dough on a tray lined generously with flour. Let sit for 1 ½ hours in a warm area covered with a towel.
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- While dough is rising; place avocado, lime juice, crème fraiche, and a pinch of salt in food processor. Pulse, for about 30 seconds and blend on high speed, for about 1 minute.
- Place loaf in a preheated oven and cook for 12-15 minutes until crust is golden brown. Allow loaf to cool. Slice loaf into thin toast pieces.
- Place avocado mousse in a ziplock bag or using a pastry bag, pipe out about 2 tablespoons of mousse on each slice of toast. Top with avocado slices, cherry tomatoes, olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
You can bake the bread ahead in the morning and enjoy this recipe as a snack throughout the day. If you're using store-bought bread, go for something with heft, like a sturdy country loaf.
What others are saying
Jessica Scott says:
This is an avocado lovers dream! So delicious. I also really loved the bread loaf! It was my first time making bread and it was so easy!
Aja A says:
Nice, quick breakfast meal I made this morning- minus the homemade bread. I topped my toast with a fried egg to complete the meal.