Avocado Toast with Avocado Mousse
- Bread Loaf:
- 1 tablespoon yeast
- 1 cup lukewarm water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 cups of all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons of kosher salt
- Avocado Mousse:
- 1 avocado
- 2 tablespoons crème fraiche
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- Avocado Toast:
- 1 avocado, sliced thinly
- 8-10 cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Combine water, yeast, and sugar; allow to sit, about 5 minutes in a warm area. Combine dry ingredients.
- Place liquid mixture inside a medium sized bowl with dry ingredients. Mix using your hands or use a mixer with the dough attachment. Knead for about 5 minutes. Make baguette shape or a round loaf. Place dough on a tray lined generously with flour. Let sit for 1 ½ hours in a warm area covered with a towel.
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- While dough is rising; place avocado, lime juice, crème fraiche, and a pinch of salt in food processor. Pulse, for about 30 seconds and blend on high speed, for about 1 minute.
- Place loaf in a preheated oven and cook for 12-15 minutes until crust is golden brown. Allow loaf to cool. Slice loaf into thin toast pieces.
- Place avocado mousse in a ziplock bag or using a pastry bag, pipe out about 2 tablespoons of mousse on each slice of toast. Top with avocado slices, cherry tomatoes, olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- (Optional: Treat yourself to a nice Bloody Mary.)
You can bake the bread ahead in the morning and enjoy this recipe as a snack throughout the day. If you're using store-bought bread, go for something with heft, like a sturdy country loaf.
What others are saying
Jessica Scott says:
This is an avocado lovers dream! So delicious. I also really loved the bread loaf! It was my first time making bread and it was so easy!
Aja A says:
Nice, quick breakfast meal I made this morning- minus the homemade bread. I topped my toast with a fried egg to complete the meal.