Spinach & Egg Muffin Cups
- 6 eggs
- ½ teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon salt, or more to taste
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1½ cups loosely packed baby spinach, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Butter a muffin pan.
- Whisk thoroughly together in a bowl the eggs, nutmeg, salt, and freshly ground black pepper.
- Divide the spinach between the muffin wells and pour the lightly beaten eggs over it.
- Bake in preheated oven until puffed and golden, 18 to 20 minutes. Serve right away or allow to cool completely and store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Feel free to switch up the toppings, think sun-dried tomatoes, kale, mozzarella, chives . . . And if you are feeling naughty, cooked bacon is a must!
What others are saying
Aja A says:
Simple egg cups that you can do a lot with. In addition to the spinach, I made some with prosciutto and red pepper. I personally don't like leftover egg cups the next day or two so I only make about 1-3 at a time to enjoy right away.
Laura Griffin says:
I made a batch of these spinach and egg muffin cups last week and now my husband and I are obsessed. We don't have a lot of time in the morning during the week, so this is the perfect grab and go breakfast for us on our long commute to the office. We did skip the nutmeg, just because we didn't have any on hand.
Chaz Norwood says:
Made these for my breakfast meal prep. Don’t love the way they regret but they’re pretty good still.
Antwan Parsons says:
I make these on Sunday and freeze them for the kids breakfast. Super easy and tasty. I usually add sausage or bacon to them but they great with just eggs and spinach