Sweet Peppers & Vegetable Soup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (8 ounce) bag mini sweet bell peppers, sliced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 sweet potato, diced
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- In a large dutch oven or stock pot, heat olive oil on medium-high heat. Add peppers, celery, carrots, onion, zucchini. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper and cook until vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add vegetable broth, sweet potato, ground cumin, paprika, and ground coriander and bring to a boil. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- In a blender or with an immersion blender, puree until smooth. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.
This recipe is so versatile. You can customize the vegetables you like most; for example use cabbage instead of zucchini. Squeeze fresh lemon and Sriracha sauce for extra zest.
What others are saying
Greg Jones says:
This sweet pepper soup was delicious and a nice combo of sweet and savory. Love all of the flavor melded together. I bet it also tastes good in the summer as a chilled soup. I'll have to try that next.