Roasted Vegetable Cheese Pizza
- 1 red onion, peeled and quartered
- 1 bell pepper, seeded and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 zucchini or summer squash, sliced into rounds
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 (8 to 9 ounce) prepared pizza dough
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- Pre-heat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Spread the onion, bell pepper, zucchini, and cherry tomatoes on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and toss with 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Roast in the oven until tender, about 30 minutes.
- Raise oven temperature to 450°F (220°C).
- Roll out the pizza dough on a floured surface until it’s approximately 8 inches wide; it doesn’t need to be a perfect circle. Brush with the remaining tablespoon of olive oil. Spread the roasted vegetables on the dough and season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle on the cheese.
- Bake in oven until the cheese is melted completely and the crust is browning, about 15 minutes. Top with the fresh basil to serve.
Save time by buying ready-made dough from your favorite store. You'll have fresh tasting pizza with much less fuss.
What others are saying
Laura Griffin says:
This is the perfect recipe when you want delicious pizza but don't want to obliterate your healthy diet. It's so delicious and loaded with veggies! Absolutely love this recipe and will make again and again.
Greg Jones says:
My wife and I love making our own pizzas at home. We really loved this roasted veggie pizza. Didn't think I would love the zucchini on pizza but it actually turned out great. I will definitely make this again soon.