Super-Soft Ricotta Scrambled Eggs
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 8 eggs
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh tarragon
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- ½ cup ricotta cheese
- toast (optional)
- Brown the butter in a skillet or pan, simmering it over low heat until lightly golden, 3 to 4 minutes. Lightly beat eggs with milk in a medium bowl while the butter is browning. Add tarragon and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Pour eggs into the pan, increase heat to medium-high, and stir constantly until scrambled. 3 to 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the ricotta, leaving clumps rather than mixing it in fully. Serve right away with warm toast.
Skip the toast for a low-carb breakfast option!
What others are saying
Laura Griffin says:
I just recently started experimenting with ricotta cheese and quickly became a fan! I made the eggs and cheese scramble over toast and it was really delicious. I love how quick it was to make, it's perfect for breakfast.
Jacqulyne de Jardins says:
Really good breakfast eggs that I whipped up really quickly. Love the creaminess from the ricotta. I omitted the toast this time, but when I buy a baguette next time, I will top this with it.