Super-Soft Ricotta Scrambled Eggs
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 8 eggs
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh tarragon
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- ½ cup ricotta cheese
- Place a skillet over low heat; add butter and cook, stirring gently, until lightly browned, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Lightly beat eggs with milk in a bowl until frothy. Add tarragon and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Pour eggs into the skillet with browned butter, increase heat to medium-high, and cook, stirring constantly, until scrambled, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Remove skillet from heat and stir in ricotta, leaving clumps rather than mixing it in fully.
Add fresh chives and chopped garlic to the eggs before cooking for extra flavor. Or mince some zucchini to add some veggie and fiber to the eggs. Top the cooked eggs with freshly chopped parsley and a squeeze of lemon for a refreshing twist. For a gluten-free, grain-free version, spoon the scrambled eggs into butter lettuce leaves and top with avocado slices for a breakfast taco.
What others are saying
Laura Griffin says:
I just recently started experimenting with ricotta cheese and quickly became a fan! I made the eggs and cheese scramble over toast and it was really delicious. I love how quick it was to make, it's perfect for breakfast.
Jacqulyne de Jardins says:
Really good breakfast eggs that I whipped up really quickly. Love the creaminess from the ricotta. I omitted the toast this time, but when I buy a baguette next time, I will top this with it.