Bacon and Blue Cheese Stuffed Pork Chops
- 4 boneless pork chops, cut into 1 to 1½ inch-thick pieces
- 8 slices thin-cut applewood smoked bacon
- 1 cup blue cheese crumbles
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper, divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Fry bacon over low heat in cold skillet until crispy, about 15 minutes. Reserve bacon grease in a small bowl.
- Combine blue cheese and bacon in food processor for 1-2 minutes until bacon is broken down into small bits.
- Cut a pocket into side of pork chops for bacon and blue cheese stuffing mixture.
- Stuff pork chops with 1/4 cup bacon and blue cheese mixture; set aside remaining mixture.
- Season each pork chop with 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt and 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper.
- Heat 5 tablespoons reserved bacon grease in cast iron skillet and sear until lightly golden brown, about 3 minutes on each side.
- Transfer pork chops to sheet pan or baking dish and roast in preheated oven, about 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top pork chops with remaining blue cheese and bacon mixture and serve immediately.
To take the pork chops to the next level, brine them overnight (up to 12 hours). They're be even juicier and seasoned throughout. For additional apple flavor, top the chops with apple butter. For another great pork chops recipe, try our pressure cooker pork chops and apples.
What others are saying
Ashley Bowman says:
I don't even eat pork but I LOVE this recipe!! Mouthwatering! The blue cheese and bacon flavors are awesome.
Katie Hason says:
These stuffed pork chops gave me life! We picked out thick chops so we could get a lot of stuffing in them, and they turned out so delicious and flavorful. Love the saltiness of the pork together with the blue cheese crumbles. Definitely going to make these again.
Jessica Scott says:
This bacon and blue cheese stuffed pork chops were amazing! They were also so easy to make. My husband absolutely loves them, he's begging me to make them again. I didn't think I would like the blue cheese, but it's so good!
Felicia Braun says:
Really good! Can be too salty but it’s so yummy