Gluten-Free Coconut Cookies
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1½ cups coconut flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup sweetened coconut flakes
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Cream butter and brown sugar using a hand mixer for 1 minute; add vanilla extract with egg and continue mixing for about 1 minute.
- Combine dry ingredients coconut flour, baking soda, and salt in a bowl.
- Add dry ingredients to the batter and mix for about 2 minutes on medium speed.
- Add coconut flakes and mix until batter forms into a dough for about 30 seconds.
- Transfer dough to a flat surface. Knead for about 1 minute.
- Divide into 24 pieces. Form balls and flatten to desired cookie shape. You may experiment and use cookie cutters!
- Place dough on parchment lined baking tray and bake in preheated oven for about 15 minutes.
- Remove and allow to cool for about 10 minutes.
Make your cookie dough ahead of time and store it in the freezer. If you prepare in advance, you can mix up several batches of cookie dough in one baking adventure and only have one mess to clean up. Then you can bake a few cookies at a time on demand!
What others are saying
Alexander Amen says:
it took mot a long time which was a surprise and the texture came out great for me