Vegan Chocolate Chia Pudding
- 2 cups almond milk, or more as needed
- ⅔ cup chia seeds
- 5 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup agave nectar, or more to taste
- Stir 2 cups almond milk, chia seeds, cacao powder, vanilla extract, salt, and cinnamon together in bowl. Sweeten with agave nectar and refrigerate until thickened, 6 hours to overnight.
- Stir and thin with more almond milk if needed.
Chia seeds are nature's thickening agent. The longer they have to work their magic in liquid, the thicker the consistency. They are also a great source of fiber, keeping us full longer and helping our digestive system. Try adding other ingredients to the pudding for different flavors, such as berries, pecans, peanut butter, or unsweetened shredded coconut.
What others are saying
Katie Hason says:
This chia chocolate pudding is like a piece of heaven! So healthy and delicious. Also perfect ratio of chia seeds to almond milk, which I mess up sometimes. Great consistency!
Laura Griffin says:
This chocolate chia pudding is so good! It's the perfect, healthy dessert that's so easy to make. It thickens nicely in the fridge, to the perfect consistency.