Parmesan Roasted Asparagus
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Place trimmed asparagus in a rimmed baking tray; rub with olive oil and garlic, sprinkle Parmesan cheese, and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast in preheated oven until tender, about 20 minutes.
Look for asparagus stalks that aren't too thick, and be sure to snap or cut off the woody ends before roasting. Make a double batch and use the leftovers in a grain salad, or on top of a pizza or flatbread. They're a deliciously crunchy addition to many dishes!
What others are saying
Aja A says:
Nice and simple asparagus side I served with my sous vide beef filet. It accompanied the asparagus nicely.
Greg Jones says:
I love asparagus, so I am probably biased when it comes to this recipe. However, I will say that roasting with Parm really takes it up a couple notches. If you haven't tried this recipe, you need to!
Chaz Norwood says:
Made this roasted asparagus with a fried egg and hollandaise sauce. One of my favorite spring dishes.