Healthy Strawberry Cookies
- 4 ounces unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 whole egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup flax meal
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ cup freeze-dried strawberries, ground
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Cream butter using a hand mixer on medium speed for about 30 seconds; add sugar; continue mixing for about 1 minute; add vanilla extract with egg; mix for about 1 minute.
- Combine all dry ingredients together in a mixing bowl.
- Add small batches of the dry mixture to batter until it’s all incorporated and the dough comes together.
- Knead for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Divide dough into 12 pieces; form balls using our hands and flatten the balls to form a cookie shape. Transfer to a parchment lined sheet tray and bake in a preheated oven 12 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes before serving.
You can purchase freeze dried strawberries near the dried fruits and nuts section of better grocery stores or at health food markets. Freeze dried blueberries or raspberries also work well in this recipe!
What others are saying
Daniel Amen says:
I found the freeze dried strawberries at TJ's and this recipe surely worked! It rocked!
Alexander Amen says:
i like strawberries 🍓 so i personally like these copkies a lot
Greg Jones says:
Really good strawberry cookies! I like to snack a lot, but snacking isn't always healthy. These cookies are guilt free, and taste great.