Healthy Vegan Flaxseed Cookies
- ½ cup vegan butter
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup flax meal
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons flaxseeds
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Cream vegan butter and brown sugar with a hand mixer until smooth and creamy for about 1 minute on medium speed; Combine all the dry ingredients.
- Combine wheat flour, flaxmeal, baking soda, and salt; add dry ingredients to vegan butter and sugar mixture. Continue mixing on low speed for about 1 minute increasing the speed to medium speed for about 1 minute.
- Add flaxseeds with chia seeds and mix for about 30 seconds until all the ingredients come together. Transfer to a dry surface and knead for about 1 minute. Divide dough into 12 piece; form balls with your hands and shape cookie dough into flat discs.
- Place cookie dough on a sheet tray lined with parchment paper or vegan butter. Bake in a preheated oven for about 15 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Make your cookie dough ahead of time and store in the freezer! You can bake several cookies in one baking adventure without the hassle of making a huge mess in the kitchen if you prepare ahead!
What others are saying
Sam Dalton says:
My wife makes these cookies for me, she knows how much I love them! They have a great crunchy texture too. Even the kids love them!
Laura Griffin says:
These healthy vegan flax seed cookies are one of my favorite things to snack on! I love making them in batches and they are incredible quick to prepare.