Yogurt Toast with Kumquat and Cucumber
- Whole Wheat Loaf
- 1½ cups lukewarm water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
- 3 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- Yogurt Toast with Kumquat and Cucumber
- 5 kumquats
- 1 Persian cucumber, sliced
- ½ cup Greek-style yogurt
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ¼ teaspoon Maldon salt
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Pour yeast with sugar into water and allow to sit for 5 minutes.
- Place dry ingredients in a large bowl and add liquid mixture. Bring together and form a dough.
- Knead dough until nice and smooth, about 10 minutes. You may use a mixer with the dough hook attachment and mix on low speed.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and flour surface. Form the dough into a ball or desired shape and place inside greased bowl. Cover with a wet towel; set aside in a wam area for 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Place bread dough in a tray; transfer to the oven. Allow to cook for about 15 to 20 minutes until crust is a nice dark color. Remove from oven and allow to rest for 10 minutes before serving.
- To assemble toast, slice bread using a serrated knife. Place in toaster if crunchy texture is desired.
- Spread yogurt generously on toast, assemble kumquats and cucumbers on top. Drizzle with olive oil and garnish with pepper flakes and Maldon salt.
Make the bread loaf ahead of time and keep it in the refrigerator for up to five days.
What others are saying
Greg Jones says:
This recipe was really recipe, and a nice switch from typical avocado toast. The key to this dish is picking a really good, quality yogurt and ripe kumquats when they are season. Love the flavors together.
Alexander Amen says:
i liked it a lot it tells you not a specic yogurt i put caramel yogurt