Eggplant Parmesan Bites
- 1 Italian eggplant, spiralized using the flat blade
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 (8.5 ounce) jar sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 cups grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup Italian bread crumbs
For best results, we recommend using:
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Cut the eggplant spirals into 36 circular disks.
- Prepare a 12-cup muffin tin with vegetable oil.
- Press an eggplant disk into the bottom of each muffin cup and season with salt and pepper. Top each disk with an even layer of sun-dried tomatoes. Divide half the Parmesan cheese onto the tomatoes and top with another eggplant slice; season with salt and pepper. Top with a second layer of sun-dried tomatoes, half the mozzarella cheese, and a third eggplant slice; season with salt and pepper. Finish by layering the remaining mozzarella cheese and the remaining Parmesan over the eggplant disks; top with bread crumbs.
- Try to keep the cheese from directly touching the sides, or it will stick.
- Tent loosely with aluminum foil and bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes. Remove the foil and bake until the top is golden brown, about 5 minutes more.
- Run a sharp paring knife around the edges of each muffin cup to loosen and remove the bites from the tin.
- Serve with marinara sauce for dipping.
Try to keep the cheese from directly touching the sides of the muffin tin to prevent them from sticking, and be sure to coat each cup well with vegetable oil or cooking spray. The eggplant bites can be assembled ahead of time and refrigerated until ready to bake.
What others are saying
Dom Clement says:
Sent this over to a friend after I saw this video on Facebook and she made it for me. I seem to mess up eggplant every time I try to cook it, but she made this so well. Not cooking it myself, but just eating it, this was too good. I could only eat about 3 of these before I got overly full, but I will be having leftovers to take home. I would to experiment with different melting cheeses next time like a fontina.
Sam Dalton says:
My wife and kids love eggplant parm. It's a regular at our house, at least once per week if not more. I was glad to find this recipe so that we can switch it up every now and then. These bites were really good and easy to prepare. If you've never tried eggplant, this is a great recipe to start with. I enjoyed it very much.
kat satterfield says:
I never would've thought to use a spiralizer with eggplant. This was so simple and genious! I loved the combo of the two cheeses and swapped for panko bread crumbs since I had so many leftover from another recipe. The sundried tomatoes combined with the marina sauce were perfection. My cheese definitely spilled over the edge, but was able to scoop them out still.
Geoff Villeneuve says:
I'll try anything with 'bites' in the name!!
Stephanie D says:
Loved these eggplant bites. I didn't use the sun-dried tomatoes though. These were really easy to make and the marinara dipping sauce was delicious!
Erica Schaefer says:
I'm a huge fan of eggplant parm, and these delicious bites are fun way to capture that essence but in a fun appetizer form. This was such a crazy unique way to use my spiralizer, too. It's worth making a double batch of this stuff, I did!