Baked Spiralized Curly Fries
- 1 russet potato, spiralized using the 5mm blade
- 1 ½ tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
For best results, we recommend using:
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Toss spiralized potato, olive oil, paprika, onion powder, and cayenne pepper together in a large bowl; spread onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 15 minutes, turn potatoes, and continue baking until browned and crispy, about 10 minutes more; season with salt and black pepper to serve.
You can prep the potatoes ahead to cook later so you can serve the fries nice and hot. But if you don't want them to turn yucky brown, keep them submerged in water till you're ready to use them.
What others are saying
George Delamea says:
This was the first recipe I made with my new spiralizer. I set the first batch down while I went to get the meat off the grill. When I returned, my wife and father-in-law had polished the entire batch off, which led to the unplanned second batch. I ate some right off the pan before offering to the others because I didn't want to miss. They were pretty darned good!
Aja A says:
Simple to make and very tasty. I actually put these on my burger (as I am a put fries inside your burger kind of gal). Great, healthier alternative to french fries. I added more cayenne for a bit of a kick and served the rest not in burger with some Sriracha mayonnaise.