Spiralized Zoodles with Pesto
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bunch fresh basil leaves
- ½ cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 small zucchini, spiralized using the 5mm blade
For best results, we recommend using:
- Heat a small skillet over medium-low; toast pine nuts in the hot skillet until lightly browned, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Grind pine nuts and garlic together in a blender or food processor; add basil in small batches and continue to process until smooth. Blend the Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese into the mixture.
- Slowly stream olive oil into the mixture while continuing to blend; season with salt and pepper. Alternately, put the ingredients into a deep bowl or pot and blend with an immersion blender until smooth.
- Put spiralized zucchini in a large bowl. Pour pesto over the zucchini and toss to serve.
Make the pesto in batches and store in the freezer in small (2 to 4 ounce) containers. When you're ready to make this recipe, let the pesto thaw at room temperature.
What others are saying
Aja A says:
4 stars because my roommate was really into this and cleaned her place. I wasn't a huge fan of the zucchini noodles, but I'm still trying to get used to it and make healthier choices. However, adding more parmesan cheese to the pasta made this palatable for me.
Randall Hauk says:
I wasn't sure about leaving the zucchini raw, but it totally works in this recipe. You could definitely pack this for a lunch or picnic. It's very bright and full of summer. I may just be a sucker for basil pesto, but I can also live with that!