Spiralized Apple and Currant Slaw with Poppy Seeds
- ½ head green cabbage, [vegetable], spiralized using the flat ribbon blade
- ½ head purple cabbage, spiralized using the flat ribbon blade
- 1 Granny Smith apple, spiralized using the 2mm blade, trimmed into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup carrot, spiralized using the 2mm blade, trimmed into 1-inch pieces
- ¼ cup black currants
- 1 ½ tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- salt and ground black pepper, to taste
For best results, we recommend using:
- Combine green cabbage, red cabbage, apple, currants, and carrots in a large bowl, .
- Mix mayonnaise, olive oil, poppy seeds, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Pour mayonnaise mixture over cabbage and apple mixture; stir until evenly coated.
- Chill for about 1 hour in the refrigerator and serve.
You can optionally squeeze lemon juice on the sliced apples to prevent from browning when you make this dish for a picnic or a large gathering.
What others are saying
Queen Foodie says:
Yum yum yum. First off, the photo is stunning and makes you want to dig right in. I looove cole slaw and green apples but never thought to bring them together. It's delicious.
Aja A says:
Tried this one today paired with some leftover pulled pork. I really enjoyed to blend of sweet and tart. I like that this was still a crisp and refreshing slaw without being doused in mayo. I would recommend starting off low with the apple cider vinegar as the lemon juice and tartness from the apples are already prevalent. We added more currants though and that added bit of sweetness which was great for balancing the bitter and tart from the other ingredients. Next time I will try this with some plain yogurt instead of mayo.
Alexander Amen says:
i really liked the seeds they poped in my mouth