Scallion Sesame Flatbreads
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup dark sesame oil
- kosher salt
- 4 scallions, white and green parts thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- Mix the flour, baking powder, and water in a medium mixing bowl until well combined. Flip onto a floured work surface, knead a few times, about 1 minute; shape into a ball. Cut into 8 equal pieces, forming each into balls.
- Roll each ball into long thin rectangular sheets with a rolling pin. Brush each piece, from center to edges, with sesame oil. Sprinkle with salt and scatter scallions on top. Roll into thick ropes, securing the scallions. Coil each piece, then roll out into thin disks.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat, and cook a flatbread until golden brown, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer to a paper-lined plate to absorb any excess oil. Repeat with remaining oil and flatbreads.
Get a healthy kickstart to your day and have these savory pancakes in lieu of something sugary in the morning to stabilize your metabolism. It is a uniquely delicious way to start the day on the right foot!
What others are saying
Katie Hason says:
I love flatbread, and this version with sesame and scallions was really good. It's incredibly easy to make and is perfect with grilled chicken. I love that you don't have to use any difficult baking ingredients to make this work.
Laura Griffin says:
Very good flat bread! I thought I was going to have to use active dry yeast to make these, but they turned out delicious with it. So good!